As Catholics, we celebrate the Sacrament of Baptism as the giving new life in Christ and becoming a member of God’s family, the Church.
As parents, we accept the responsibility and duty of training our child/ren in the life and practice of the Catholic faith, to keep God’s commandments as Christ taught us, by loving God and neighbour through word and example.
We profess our faith in God the Father, in Jesus Christ his Son, and in the holy Spirit.
Baptisms are celebrated in St Michael's Parish on most Sundays of the year and generally follow Sunday Mass or by appointment with the priest
- St Michael's Nowra - 10.45am
- Sacred Heart Bomaderry - 10.45am
- St Patrick's Berry - 12 noon
- Holy Spirty Vincentia - 10.45am
- Mary Help of Christians - 5.00pm, before the Saturday night vigil
Children under 4 years of age, at least four (4) weeks notice and a meeting with one of our priests is required.
For children over 4 years and of primary school age, your child/ren will attend a small preparation program with one of our Good Samaratian Sisters.
- For the Baptism of infants/primary age children, it is required that one parent be of Catholic faith.
- One Godparent must be a confirmed Catholic and be over 16 years.
- It is usual to make an offering / donation after the celebration of Baptism (there is no set fee).
Apply Online - Baptism Application Form